Hong Kong Disneyland, Ocean Park to reopen
The government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) in China decided on Tuesday to ease the containment measures of the COVID-19 epidemic to allow certain sites, including theme parks, to resume their activities from limited way in response to the slowing of the epidemic.
Hong Kong’s two main theme parks, Ocean Park and Disneyland, announced on Wednesday that they would reopen on February 18 and 19 respectively.
The Ocean Park has announced that it will begin accepting reservations at 5 p.m. on February 17. With the exception of children under the age of three, residents over the age of 65, and persons with disabilities, all visitors must book their admission date online.
The Ocean Park said all visitors must scan a QR code on the “LeaveHomeSafe” mobile app, a digital tool for recording daily routes or recording personal information before entering the park, and park staff will also regularly perform COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction ( PCR).
The Ocean Park will also continue to implement a series of strict prevention measures, such as reducing the capacity of park visitors and individual facilities to no more than half than usual, and theater visitors will be also seated in alternate rows.
Hong Kong Disneyland also announced that it would reopen its park on February 19 and begin accepting reservations at 10 a.m. on February 18. Visitors are also required to make a health declaration when making an online reservation.
According to the latest regulations and guidelines issued by the Hong Kong SAR government and the Ministry of Health, the park will continue to strengthen its epidemic prevention and implement health and safety measures, including requiring that the personnel involved in its operation take the COVID-19 test every 14 days.
Disneyland said it would implement attendance controls in accordance with Hong Kong SAR government regulations and continue to review and adjust its operations and related arrangements in accordance with the latest guidelines.
Hong Kong SAR has reported eight new cases of COVID-19, including six locally transmitted, the Center for Health Protection (CHP) said on Tuesday.
It is the second day in a row that Hong Kong has recorded less than 10 new cases.
Three of the new infections are from unknown sources, the CHP said. Another patient died from the disease, bringing the death toll to 195 in the city.
Hong Kong has so far recorded a total of 10,796 confirmed cases.