Amusement Park Ride Now Open at Funplex Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach’s newest amusement park, Funplex, which opened in May, is nearly fully open with its latest ride.
The newest addition to Funplex was supposed to be open Friday night. Mach Fun, a flying jet ride, was set to officially open from Friday, according to a post on the amusement park’s Facebook.
As of 5.30pm on Friday, it had not yet opened due to “staffing issues”, but a park official told the Sun News it was due to open later Friday evening.
“Climb in the cockpit and take off with your favorite top co-pilot! Mach Fun is the tallest ride of its kind in North America, and it’s sure to take you for a ride! Funplex announced on Facebook.
Located at 1405 North Ocean Boulevard between 14th Avenue North and 15th Avenue North, Funplex touts its “state-of-the-art first-generation” rides Mach Fun and Fun in the Sun Coaster among its seven attractions that surround a walk-up bar and restaurant called Off-the-Coast Beach Bar and Grill, which offers 13 national and local draft beers, frozen drinks in souvenir cups, traditional bar and seafood options and amusement park favorites like a funnel cake and a chicken and waffle cone appetizer.
Funplex Myrtle Beach comes from a family chain that operates two other similar amusement parks in New Jersey. Each resort offers 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor activities.
Below is a list of rides and their descriptions provided by Funplex:
- mach fun, the highest 360° interactive flying jet on the market and the first of its kind in North America.
- There’s a lot of excitement in the industry right now about the new fun in the sun roller coaster with a long track circling the perimeter of the park and a hamster wheel car for thrill seekers.
- Guests experience weightlessness and stunning ocean views on sky speed as they twist and ascend a 65ft tower before descending back to reality.
- To the sea and to the sea guests will fly high and swing through the air upside down as gravity gets to work.
- Hook and Slice gives guests a shot of adrenaline as they wind, whirl and get air on this thrill ride.
- hang ten and the Sunny swings will keep our young guests entertained, spinning and soaring through the air.
The park and restaurant are free every day, and Funplex offers a nightly light show after dark. Passes can be purchased here. Attractions are priced individually, requiring a set number of credits that can be loaded onto a FunCard.
This story was originally published August 27, 2021 5:47 p.m.